WetWetWet Swim School can be contracted on a 'by the term' basis. You will be provided with a regular swimming instructor who at the start of the contract will assess each child individually on their current swimming ability. All children would then be put into appropriate groups of a similar ability and taught a progressive teaching plan covering all swim strokes and associated water skills.
There are many benefits for your children learning to swim with WetWetWEt SWIM SCHOOL:
1. The swimming tuition your pupils will receive is encouraging, professional, friendly and progressive.
2. If the swimming instructor you have been assigned is on holiday/off sick, we provide you with a 'cover' instructor. Your children need never miss a swimming lesson. - All of our aquatic teaching equipment is 'up to date', improving pupil's stroke techniques.
3. We recognize that children need to have short term goals, in addition to long term goals. We have therefore devised a grading system that is unique to our School. Children are assessed and graded towards the end of each school term.
4. In addition to our 'independent grading system', WetWetWet Swim School also supports the 'ASA' National Curriculum and Water Safety goal, aiming to meet the government required standard that all Key Stage 2 children - (year groups 3 to 4) should be taught, and the majority will acquire, the ability to swim a minimum distance of 25m. There are new government guidelines introduced in 2018 that all year 6 pupils should be able to swim at least 25m and have basic water safety understanding.
Schools currently using the wetwetwet swim school curriclum include:
- Hove Junior School – Portland Road, Hove
- Hove Junior School – Holland Road, Hove
- Brighton & Hove Girls School
- The Drive Preparatory Lower School
- The Drive Preparatory Upper School